National Spiritualist Church at 29 Park Street was built in 1845. The Spiritualist congregation and town folks referred to it as ” The Little Church on the Hill”. During it’s heyday the Church had a membership of eighty participants.
Spiritualism was recognized on March 31, 1848 in Hydesville, New York. On this evening in Hydesville, the children of the Fox family began to communicate with the rapping they heard within their family’s small cottage. the children asked the “noise” to rap in response to their questions. Two raps for “yes”. Thus the communication commenced.
DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe in that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
Prayer of Healing
I ask the Great Unseen Healing Force
To Remove All Obstruction From My Mind and Body
And to Restore Me to Perfect Health
I ask This in All Sincerity and Honesty and I will Do My Part.
I ask This Great Unseen Healing Force
To Help Both Present and Absent Ones
Who Are in Need of Help
And to Restore Them to Perfect Health
I Put My Trust In the Love and Power of God.
President – Mark Gagne
Vice President – Bonita Woodward
Secretary – Marita Decozio- Wiley
Treasurer – J. Chris Bellamy
Trustees (4) Sharon Reilly